Monday, December 22, 2008

Changing things up a little bit

The more I got to thinking about having to come up with 70 recipes, the more I regretted making that statement. Granted I haven't come as far as I would have liked in accumulating recipes at this point, as I'm only at about 25 so far. Totally behind schedule and nowhere near 70. So I've adapted my plan a bit to make things easier. I'm taking the recipes down from 70 to 50. This leaves the weekends open to cook whatever I want or go out to dinner. Plus, having to assemble 50 recipes, while still quite a feat, is much more attainable than 70. So, that's what I'm going to do.

I also bought a potato ricer this weekend. One of the recipes I want to make calls for the potatoes to be riced and I was about to be SOL when I found a Martha Stewart *crossing myself* potato ricer for $9 off! Score! It's a really pretty blue color, so even though it's Martha Stewart *crossing myself* I can still use it and not feel like I'm in any way endorsing her and her devilish ways. Maybe I can even scrape off the MS logo on it and pretend nothing of hers ever graced my kitchen in the first place.

No comments: